Summer afternoons are the perfect time to grab a cold drink and enjoy a great book. There are so many books to choose from and I know most of the magazines right now are recommending the “New Arrival” books on the shelves. After reflecting on this, I decided that I would offer you a list of 9 books that have really touched me over the last 25 years. These are all non-fiction with the exception of maybe one. Enjoy!
- And Ladies of The Club – Helen Hooven Santmyer
- The Shell Seekers – Rosamund Pilcher
- Beach Music – Pat Conroy
- The Gold Coast – Nelson DeMille
- The Bridges of Madison County – Robert James Waller
- The Elegant Gathering of White Snows – Kris Radish
- The Secret Life of Bees – Sue Monk Kidd
- Hill Towns and Outer Banks – Anne Rivers Siddons (every book she writes is excellent – I’ve read them all!)
- Author Sue Grafton – Every book she writes is excellent. They are murder mysteries and she has her resident detective, Kinsey Milhone, a young 30-something woman who works on each and every case. Kinsey’s character is one to love.