I’m delighted to share Natalie Mackey, CEO & Co-founder of Winky Lux, Luxury and Cruelty-Free Cosmetics, with you.
Natalie started out in finance, however, when she looked around and couldn’t find anyone she aspired to be like, she knew it was time to pick a new path. She ended up initially in the beauty industry as a consultant and that experience catapulted her into co-founding Winky Lux Cosmetics with a long-time friend.
In just 5 years, Winky Lux has become a successful brand partnering with top retailers we all know including Nordstrom, Ulta, Macy’s, Bloomingdales and most recently, Target. Winky Lux has a physical store in New York City and more coming soon. Within the first 18 months, the company generated $4 million in sales as a bootstrapped company.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
You’re never quite sure until you get it into the hands of the customer.” – Natalie Mackey
- How and why she transitioned from Finance to Beauty
- Why how you start is never where you end up – don’t be afraid to course-correct from your original idea
- The Story of HOW she SOLD OUT the entire product line during her first visit to Beauty Con
- WHY every business should go through a “Stress-Test” in the early days – it makes the brand stronger
- The SECRETS to Winky Lux’s current success
- She reveals her “secret sauce” and the smartest decision she made when choosing a manufacturer – this was pure GOLD
- The surprising advice she disagrees with in the startup arena
The best move that I’ve made is to hire great people.” – Natalie Mackey
Connect with Natalie Mackey:
You don’t have to know everything.” – Natalie Mackey