When Kelly Love’s college roommate, Allison Evans, started having health problems, which led to lots of medications with little or no relief, Kelly was concerned.
After graduation, Kelly and Allison decided to spend the summer with Allison’s “Aunt Marilee” doing a “detox.” Their eyes were opened wide when they began to learn about the harmful chemicals that people are exposed to everyday. It was during this summer experience, the three of them decided to start Branch Basics – a non-toxic cleaning product company to create a healthy home.
On today’s show, Kelly gets very vulnerable and transparent about her entrepreneurial journey thus far. She talks about what it was like to partner with her college roommate, how the company survived their biggest challenge (they even had to close for a bit), her advice on managing cash flow + more.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
It is totally ok to figure it out as you go.” – Kelly Love
- Their philosophy on the easiest way to take that FIRST step to living a healthy life
- Their initial product was an enormous success….until it wasn’t
- How they handled the embarrassment of having to close their doors and what they did next that has created BLOCKBUSTER success today (MOST people would have given up)
- How Branch Basics is riding the “minimalist” movement
- Tips for finding the right manufacturer for your product
- The BEST decision they’ve ever made after re-launching the company
- How to handle CASH Flow decisions; simple, smart advice
- The words of wisdom she wished someone would have shared with her early on – PURE GOLD
It needed to work as well or better than the conventional product or else people weren’t going to stick to it.” – Kelly Love
Connect with Kelly Love:
Just getting started and knowing that you’re going to improve over time is key.” – Kelly Love