She left school at 15 and had her three children by the time she was 20.
Today Charlene Simon is the real definition of a “serial” entrepreneur. She’s the CEO & Founder of three successful brands: Bathhouse Soapery & Caldarium, Fat Bottom Girl’s Cupcakes and Villainess Beauty.
It all started in San Diego in 2000 when Charlene walked into a soap shop that had real, live, breathing goats out back. She was mesmerized. She spent hours in the local library teaching herself the chemistry of soap making.
In 2009 (not a great year for the economy), she remembered her boss saying once, “You have to strike on real estate in a recession.” So she took $700 (all the money she had) and she went for it. She opened her first Bathhouse Soapery & Caldarium.
It’s been a wild ride and one that continues to spiral upward for this straight-talking entrepreneur who makes all her decisions on “feelings.”
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“The fear is fuel.” – Charlene Simon
- Why starting a business in a RECESSION was her BIG Break (it was the perfect time)
- Why FEELINGS matter most to her when making decisions (she needs to feel the JOY)
- Why CUPCAKE WARS kept calling her to be a contestant on the show – it had to do with a T-Shirt
- Her Most DIFFICULT Business Moment – (two blocks down the street)
- GENIUS Advice on how to handle COMPETITION
- Her “BUFFET” Analogy (what are you hungry for?)
- TIPS on Dealing with CRITICISM
- And much, much more!
“Competition is nothing; I don’t even look at other people.” – Charlene Simon
Connect with Charlene Simon:
“If it doesn’t bring me joy, I know not to touch it.” – Charlene Simon