A few days ago, in one of my Women's Success Circles, a great question came up: “What's the one action step that I should take to grow my business faster?” Wow! That's a great question. The challenge is–there's not just one simple answer. I wish there was a “magic bullet” that would take your business to the next level, however to grow your business effectively and for the long run, you need to use several different marketing methods.
One of the ways I support women is helping them to focus on effective ways to market themselves and their businesses so that they can accomplish their vision and attract clients at a much faster rate. Let's take my most recent Women's Success Circle. How did these women find me? Where did they come from? I'm going to share 5 different marketing steps that are effective in client attraction:
1. Word of Mouth – the oldest, most effective form of marketing. Getting a referral from a friend or colleague is still the best form of marketing. This, of course, means that you are known for giving great service, respond quickly and take great care of your clients.
2. Repeat Clients – Many of the women who come to me for private coaching or my Women's Success Circles call me again and again for services. I have some women who've been with me for nearly 5 years. The secret? Under-promise and over-deliver. Give your clients more than what they expect. Support them to achieve results. Be on time for appointments. Return phone calls and emails within a reasonable amount of time.
3. Networking – Get out of your office and go to events that your ideal clients attend. Offer tips and solutions while you are there. Become a sponsor for one of their monthly events. Become known as someone who supports others.
4. Develop an Online Presence – you are reading my newsletter online right now. When I started nearly 5 years ago, all of my clients were local. Today, I have clients all over the country due to my online marketing efforts. Develop your web site, a blog, and other online marketing materials.
5. Social Networking – Are you on Facebook or Linked In? Do you Twitter? I avoided this tool for a long time because I thought it would consume more of my time, however I'm learning how to use this tool with speed and effectiveness. I've made connections this year that will add $1,000's of dollars in profits. Get your social networking up and running in a productive and focused way.
When I started my business nearly 5 years ago, I hosted a luncheon at a local restaurant to market my Women's Success Circles. Today, I use all of above and a few more strategies to attract women who need and want my services.
What's the one action step you can take to grow your business? I'll tell you. Block out some time in your calendar to sit quietly with a favorite pen and large white paper (remember, how big can an idea get on 8.5 x 11 paper?) and decide how much time you can devote to marketing your business. Then take the tips I've given you today, plug them into your schedule and take action!
Anything is possible. Everything is waiting for you.
© 2009 Joy Chudacoff
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Joy Chudacoff, ICF, PCC, is the founder of Smart Women Smart Solutions™, a Professional Certified Coach and Motivational Speaker. To read more articles by Joy and learn more about her Success Circle workshops, teleseminars or keynote topics, please visit her website, www.SmartWomenSolutions.com or contact Joy at Joy@SmartWomenSolutions.com.
Share Your Comments & Feedback: