When you begin your journey as a woman entrepreneur, your most important action step is to get clients and create a “buzz” about your product or service so you can keep the business alive and get on a path to profitability. With effective marketing, your business will grow and over time, word will spread about the results people are getting when they work with you. If becoming a leader in your industry is a goal for you, now will be the time to consider an updated look in your business – a new brand image – both personally and professionally.
Over the last few months, I’ve completely revamped my online presence and I’m in the process of updating my personal brand as well. When you have a big vision for your business, it’s essential that you stay “current” in every area. If you’re in a product business, you’ll need to keep a fresh, new look for your product packaging. If you’re in a service based business, you’ll want a “new and improved” version of who you are becoming as a leader in your industry.
You may be reading this and thinking, “This sounds like a lot of work; my personal and professional brand seems to be working for me.” I, too, was slow about creating my own “new and improved” upgrade for far too long because I didn’t want to spend the time making the necessary changes. In the last few months, amazing opportunities have presented themselves to me and I know this is no accident. It’s because I stepped up my professional and personal brand image to reflect who I am becoming as a leader in my industry.
Not sure where to start? Here are a few tips and solutions on how to give your business a “new and improved” look and feel:
1. Website/Blog – Take some time to review your website and ask yourself if it truly reflects your business and more importantly, where you are going in the future. This is one of the first places people look to “check you out” and make buying decisions.
2. Social Media – Make sure your profile or Like page reflects the message you desire to send to your potential clients and referral sources. Tip: Add a current photo to all your social media pages. There’s nothing worse than going to connect with someone and finding a photo of their dog or worse, no photo at all.
3. Printed Materials – Carry your desired “new and improved” look all the way through to your business cards, brochures and any other printed material.
1. Manage The “Mane” – Is it time for a new hairstyle? For years, the length of my hair was much longer until one day I realized this style no longer served me or my business. I’ve opted for a shorter more current look.
2. Say “Cheese!” – Is it time for a new photo? It’s essential that you update your professional photo at least every two years. It’s not as expensive as you might think to hire a professional for a few hours and it’s a worthwhile investment if you’re ready to uplevel yourself and your business.
3. Hit The Mall – Is your closet full of clothes that no longer reflect who you are? You don’t have to break the bank buying a whole new closet full of clothes. Invite a “nutritious” friend who has great sense of style to join you for a day of shopping. If your budget permits, you might want to hire an image consultant for a few hours to give you some tips on what colors and styles highlight your beauty and genius.
If you’re ready to step out in your business in a bigger way, these tips and solutions will cause people around you to sit up and take notice that you are serious about success in business. Taking these steps will unleash more referrals, more clients and more income – 3 necessary ingredients for complete success.
Anything is possible. Everything is waiting for you.
© 2011 Joy Chudacoff
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Joy Chudacoff, ICF, PCC, is the founder of Smart Women Smart Solutions®, a Professional Certified Coach to 1000’s of women, Motivational Speaker, and Entrepreneur. She publishes a weekly buzz generating ezine, Reflections On Life and Business for Women Entrepreneurs. If you’re ready take your life and your business to the next level, get your FREE Tips, FREE Report and FREE MP3 now at Profits With Passion.