I'm finding that many women entrepreneurs are reflecting on their year and a question that seems to be on the minds of many is: “What are tools and strategies I need for my business to take a big leap in the New Year?” As I reflect on this question, I realize the answer is two-fold. If you are serious about making 2012 the year that you soar in business and make big leaps in income, you must first ask yourself a few questions (and get honest with yourself about the answers):
1. Is my business Viable? Do people want my product or service? This is where doing some research on your industry can be quite valuable. Just because “no one else is doing it” doesn't always mean it's a great business opportunity. Yes, Steve Jobs did quite well being “the first” in his industry but many times success can be yours by taking an existing business concept and improving on it. Also, find out what the range of fees or prices are in your industry. Make sure you price your winning product or service so people will be clamoring to get their hands on it.
2. Is my business Visible? Visibility is a huge key to success. You may be the best coach, lawyer, virtual assistant or pet sitter in the world however, if you don't have a marketing plan that is designed to get you seen and heard, you will remain the best kept secret in town! Getting your product or service out there in a big way makes a huge difference in how much growth you can expect in the coming year.
If you answered “Yes” to the questions above, it's time to consider a few questions about you – the entrepreneur. These questions are equally vital to your success:
1. Do I have a true Desire? Do you dream about becoming successful in your business? Can you visualize what that looks and feels like? Do you have a craving to make it work? Desire can take you a long way on the road to possibility.
2. Am I Determined? Have you made the decision that there's no turning back? I have a plaque that was given to me years ago by a mentor that reads “It Can Be Done.” That's the attitude of determination you need to make your business dreams a reality.
3. Am I Consistent? Do you have a consistent marketing message? Do you have guiding principles in your business that are solid and steady? I often see entrepreneurs change course or direction too often and this confuses your target market. They become unsure what you do or who you serve and it makes it challenging for them to refer business to you. To be sure, change is necessary and needed to stay current in business but I invite you to be cautious on how often you change course.
Grab a pen and paper and take a few minutes to truly reflect on your answers to these 5 questions. Celebrate where you’re on course and take a close look where you need some improvement. Brainstorm with “nutritious” friends and colleagues on what steps you could take to turn every answer into a loud and vocal “Yes!”
Success is easily within your reach when you get clear and focused on the right product or service at the right price point with desire, determination and consistency. When these 5 components are blended together, you can guarantee yourself more clients, more income and more freedom to enjoy life.
Anything is possible. Everything is waiting for you.
© 2011 Joy Chudacoff
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Joy Chudacoff, ICF, PCC, is the founder of Smart Women Smart Solutions®, a Professional Certified Coach to 1000’s of women, Motivational Speaker, and Entrepreneur. She publishes a weekly buzz generating ezine, Reflections On Life and Business for Women Entrepreneurs. If you’re ready take your coaching business to the next level, get your FREE Tips, FREE Report, FREE MP3 and be the first to hear about my exciting new program for coaches and consultants at Smart Women Smart Solutions Coaching.