What struck me most during this interview was her grounded nature and assured sense of purpose. A quiet power.
In the late ’60s and early ’70s, Sadie’s mom and her four best friends joined together to create a village to support their children around their common core values. They intentionally broke the nuclear family mold.
My guest today, Sadie Lincoln, had an early vision to franchise barre3, a fitness company focused on teaching people to be balanced in body and empowered from within when she was writing the business plan (along with her husband who’s also her business partner).
Their flagship studio opened in Portland, Oregon in 2008. Today, barre3 has grown to include more than 140 franchise studios powered by female entrepreneurs (and a few good men!), plus they now have an online-workout streaming-subscriber base in 98+ countries.
What was once a workout has turned into a movement followed by millions of people around the globe.
On today’s show, Sadie talks about what it’s really like to work with her husband (in business and at home), the philosophy she was raised with and how that has influenced her, her brilliant tips on managing cash flow and so much more.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
I say a lot of times people come into barre3 wanting a hard body, and they leave with a wise body.” – Sadie Lincoln
- How she went from 1 studio to over 140 Today
- Why her franchising ‘agreements’ are different from most and why the difference makes them so effective
- Her brilliant method for attracting the RIGHT franchisees (it’s sort of foolproof!)
- What happened on August 12, 2008, at 5:45 pm that changed Sadie’s life (this blew me away)
- How she dealt with the most DIFFICULT Times. She did feel like giving up some days, “I want to throw in the towel and get the hell out of here!”
- How she ‘struggles with the juggle’ all women face. She’s CEO of a fast-growing franchise and a mother of two
- How her ‘unconventional’ upbringing has affected her life and entrepreneurial journey
- Her SIMPLE FORMULA for managing cash flow – Brilliant!
- Why Sadie doesn’t’ give ADVICE
- The KEY to working effectively with her husband as a co-founder
- Her biggest Challenge growing from 1 studio to over 140
We are really interested (and continue to be interested) in the pursuit of balance.” – Sadie Lincoln
Connect with Sadie Lincoln:
The juggle is not going to go away, the struggle is not going to go away and frankly, I don’t have control all the time over all of that. But what I do have control over is being calm and honest and purpose-driven.” – Sadie Lincoln