My guest today, Max Kater, started her business because her son was having allergic reactions to their bathroom cleaning products and she knew that she had to do something.
With that, Max co-founded Murchison-Hume. Their Mission: We want to make products that are safe for people and planet, truly effective, beautiful to look at and a pleasure to use.
It took Max four years to “crack the code” on safe home cleaners but she finally figured out a formula that actually works.
On today’s show, Max talks about how she got started, staying aligned with their brand’s values, her biggest challenges and how she got through them, and much more.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
You have to really take stock and say ‘would I do this if I'm not going to see a salary for let's say – the next 10 weeks or really 10 months'.” – Max Kater
- The moment she knew she was on to something: “Honey, you better get yourself a little setup!”
- A Step-by-Step Approach to get more visibility in the Media
- How a hiring issue turned into a HUGE challenge for Murchison-Hume and nearly cost her the entire business (it took 18 months to recover)
- Her BEST productivity tip (you don’t need any fancy technology for this one!)
- How Max’s previous career as an editor has helped her as a business owner
- Her GENIUS move to nail exactly who their core client is and analyze exactly what products to offer
- Why the idea of balance is B.S. as a mother and entrepreneur
None of us really achieve that perfect balance. I haven't met her yet, so if you do, please tell me.” – Max Kater
Connect with Max Kater:
When sending your products to editors – just send the product so they can try it with a tiny blurb about why it is great.” – Max Kater