It all started with a wok, a roll and a dream…
She’s shared her Asian culinary delights on the Today Show, at the White House, Iron Chef, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and more.
My guest today, Katie Chin, is a celebrity Chef, caterer, cookbook author and food blogger. She is the author of the award-winning bestseller Everyday Thai Cooking and her latest cookbook, Everyday Chinese Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes from My Mother’s Kitchen. Katie is an amazing woman, as much as she is an amazing chef.
Katie grew up working in the kitchens of her mother, Leeann Chin’s restaurants in Minneapolis, but she decided to pursue a career in the marketing industry for film and television in Hollywood. With time, she realized her real passion was not in Hollywood, but in her culinary roots.
Katie shares the incredible story of her mother’s road to entrepreneurship as a Chinese immigrant to the United States. Though Katie was her daughter, Leeann Chin was the toughest boss Katie ever had. Katie talks about her own entrepreneurial journey, how she created a mother daughter-cooking brand, her best action steps to grow her business, how she made a name for herself on her own after her mom passed away, and more.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
When a door closes, climb to the window.” – Katie Chin
- What it was like to own a business with her Mom
- The #1 Essential to getting lots of media exposure – LOVE this Gem. Anyone can do it!
- Her BIGGEST obstacle in business
- The danger of getting too much advice from others
- The moment she knew it was time to leave Hollywood to go back to her culinary roots
- Where she places her Trust
- How Katie found her own entrepreneurial path after her mother passed away
- Katie’s best action steps to growing her business
- Her biggest challenges so far as a woman entrepreneur
- How Katie has pivoted her business during the pandemic – GENIUS!
- Her Passion for supporting women entrepreneurs really comes through
You should never dream harder than you work.” – Katie Chin
Connect with Katie Chin:
Facebook | Twitter | Chef Katie Chin
If you work really hard and believe in yourself, you can accomplish anything.” – Katie Chin
Share Your Comments & Feedback: