Summer afternoons are the perfect time to grab a cold drink and enjoy a great book. There are so many books to choose from and I know most of the magazines right now are recommending the “New Arrival” books on the shelves. After reflecting on this, I decided that I would offer you a list of 9 books that have really touched me over the last 25 years. These are all non-fiction with the exception of maybe one. Enjoy!
- And Ladies of The Club – Helen Hooven Santmyer
- The Shell Seekers – Rosamund Pilcher
- Beach Music – Pat Conroy
- The Gold Coast – Nelson DeMille
- The Bridges of Madison County – Robert James Waller
- The Elegant Gathering of White Snows – Kris Radish
- The Secret Life of Bees – Sue Monk Kidd
- Hill Towns and Outer Banks – Anne Rivers Siddons (every book she writes is excellent – I've read them all!)
- Author Sue Grafton – Every book she writes is excellent. They are murder mysteries and she has her resident detective, Kinsey Milhone, a young 30-something woman who works on each and every case. Kinsey's character is one to love.
If you read one or more, I'd love to hear which one was your favorite. You can leave a comment below.