When Jesse Draper created and began hosting the 2015 Emmy nominated television series, The Valley Girl Show, she discovered something interesting; it wasn’t easy to find women in business to interview!
This ‘discovery’ ultimately led Jesse to found Halogen Ventures, an early stage venture capital fund focused on female-founded consumer technologies.
Currently, Halogen Ventures, has made some great picks with theSkimm, Carbon 38, Sugarfina, and Hop Skip Drive as part of their portfolio, to name a few.
Listed by Marie Claire as one of the “50 Most Connected Women in America,” Jesse talks networking, investor pitching tips and why the childcare industry needs a makeover.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
If it is not fulfilling one of my priorities for that particular day or week, I have to re-prioritize.” – Jesse Draper
- HOW being the creator and host of “The Valley Girl Show” illuminated some startling stats on women in business
- The 3 ‘ingredients’ she looks for in a company when making an investment decision
- WHY she Loves it when she doesn’t understand something
- Her BEST Tips on pitching your idea to investors
- The real truth about Networking
- Why Perfection is a deal killer
- COLD emails are not dead – Jesse has proof
- How she kept going after hearing 110 NO’S
- How she stays PRODUCTIVE as a mom of two under the age of 4 while running a fast-paced business
- Jesse’s ideas for Bulldozing the CHILDCARE industry in America
- Why networking HAS NOT gone out of style
- Why being “uncomfortable” is the best place to be
- And much, much more
Get out there and do it. Meet as many people as you can, and send cold emails.” – Jesse Draper
Connect with Jesse Draper:
Twitter | Instagram | Lady Bosses Podcast | Halogen Ventures | Facebook
Do something that makes you uncomfortable every day.” – Jesse Draper
Share Your Comments & Feedback: