Today’s guest Jennifer Cox has been dubbed the Tie-Dye “Ninja” and Denim Wash Specialist. She spent a highly successful 20-year career in corporate America as a Wash Specialist for Abercrombie & Fitch, Mossimo Supply at Target, and other private label denim brands. She’s made & designed clothing for everyone from Nordstroms to Macy’s, Target, and Walmart.
Jen accomplished all of this as a single mother of two sons before being laid off in early 2020. In this episode, she and I discuss the guts it took for her to bet on herself in a big way. She shares her journey into entrepreneurship during the pandemic. Jen is the Founder & CEO of Momma Osa, a company that creates tie-dye kits for Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom’s, Lands’ End, and more. Her kits have been featured on Good Morning America. She shares what led her to cash out her 401k to buy 40,000 masks and the worst advice she was given when she started out on her own.
Listen in as Jen and I talk about the early steps to starting your own business, our favorite growth strategies for entrepreneurs, and why she doesn’t believe entrepreneurs have to focus on one project at a time.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
You just have to start. It doesn't have to be pretty.” – Jen Cox
- The Brilliant (BALLSY) move she made the day Gov. Newsom declared California to go into a Safer At Home State
- Simple tips on the FIRST STEP to take with a new Business Idea
- How she got STARTED (it all took place between Christmas & New Year’s)
- How she pulls through the really TOUGH DAYS – the ones where the wind has been knocked out of your Entrepreneurial sails) This was a REAL, RAW Transparent share
- Details on a DECISION she made that many of her close friends didn’t agree with (she followed her intuition and it paid big dividends)
- GROWTH strategies for entrepreneurs
- What she ALWAYS BETS On
- And so much more!
I trusted my gut and talked to every single person I knew about the idea that I had.” – Jen Cox
Connect with Jen Cox:
Etsy | Momma Coxie & Co. Instagram | Facebook | Momma Osa
There's so many people out there that want to help you grow your business. You just have to find the right combination of people to help you do that.” – Jen Cox
Share Your Comments & Feedback: