Amy Nelson up and left her corporate job (while pregnant with her THIRD daughter) for the entrepreneurial life and came up with the idea for The Riveter, a rapidly growing co-working space company with design and membership focused on women, but open to everyone.
Amy launched The Riveter in 2017 and the brand is experiencing rapid fire growth with locations popping up almost every day in metropolitan cities across the US. The Riveter’s growth has outpaced even WeWork’s first years and The Riveter recently closed a $15 million Series A Funding Round led by Alpha Edison.
You’ll absolutely love Amy’s energy and enthusiasm as she dives into how she transitioned from a successful career in law (including work with President Obama’s National Finance Committee and President Carter’s, The Carter Center) to launching The Riveter, how being a mom has made her a BETTER entrepreneur, her best productivity tips and more.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
What I tend to do is really lean into the fact that I am a mother, rather than lean out of it.” – Amy Nelson
- Why she left a cozy corporate job while pregnant with her third daughter to launch The Riveter
- How becoming a Mom changed her viewpoint on women & career opportunities
- The FIRST Step she took to get started after she came up with the idea for The Riveter
- The Event that PUSHED her to take the FINAL Leap
- Why coworking spaces are becoming wildly popular
- The SMARTEST MOVE Amy made when starting The Riveter (it’s not what you think I promise you)
- WHY Collaboration is the ‘secret sauce’ to her early success
- Her BIGGEST Challenge ( this is pure Gold)
- What she did when someone advised her to HIDE HER PREGNANCY while fundraising
- Why ASKING For Help is a muscle more women need to flex
- How she manages her day while being CEO of a fast-paced growth company and raising soon-to-be four daughters
- Her Go-To Apps to stay sane
- What she did instead of giving up when it all seemed like too much
- The advice she hears about being in startup mode that she DOES NOT agree with
- And much much more
I think the more we have women building companies to make women’s lives better, the better our lives will be. And that is super exciting!” – Amy Nelson
Connect with Amy Nelson:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | The Riveter | LinkedIn
The hardest thing is to just keep going at every turn when it gets hard, when it feels impossible, when people tell you that you can’t. And so much of it is just continuing to walk forward.” – Amy Nelson
Share Your Comments & Feedback: