Today’s interview is the shortest interview that I’ve done so far, but it’s probably one of the most important interviews I’ll ever do.
Natalie Hampton is a 17 year-old high school student who’s got more moxie than almost anyone I know.
After suffering several years of death threats, being physically attacked, sitting alone and feeling isolated at lunch, Natalie Hampton got fed up. She created the app, Sit With Us, a digital platform that allows students to have a safe space to enjoy their lunch at school among peers who will be friendly and conversational.
Today, Sit With Us, has over 100,000 downloads in eight countries and has won numerous awards for its success.
On today’s show, Natalie shares how and why she launched her app, what it was like to create the app, and the success of Sit With Us. You’ll be amazed by this 17 year-old’s passion and heart she has put into using her app to create a safe space for kids.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
It has shown me how many people are affected by bullying, because I’ve heard so many stories. But it has also shown me how many people are out there trying to solve the problem as well.” – Natalie Hampton
- How Natalie coped with daily death threats, physical attacks and eating lunch alone
- Why she created the app, Sit With Us
- The role social media plays in bullying today
- Best tips and techniques for launching an app
- The moment she knew that the app had gone viral
- Why passion is so important in a business
- How to find the best app designer for you
I really didn’t think it would go this far. It was more of a therapy project, if anything, when I started it.” – Natalie Hampton
Connect with Natalie Hampton: