To listen to my audio article, 7 Rituals For Rapid Results & Radical Productivity, click on the audio player arrow below:
To listen to my audio article, Is Your Hard Work Preventing Business Growth?, click on the audio player arrow below:
To listen to my audio article, How’s The GPS on Your Decision Making?, click on the audio player arrow below:
To listen to my audio article, Speaking For Success, click on the audio player arrow below:
If increasing your number of clients or customers is a pivotal goal for you this year, (I hope so!) I have good news for you. It’s within your reach if you follow the three R’s for rapid client attraction.
1. Relationships – Relationships are the new black in business now. “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” (Eleanor Roosevelt). There’s a real need, a craving, for deeper relationships in business today. People are desirous of more trust. Whether you’re networking, blogging or updating your Facebook status, seek first to create or deepen your relationships. People want to work with or refer to those where a deeper bond or connection is present. Take some time to consider where you have the “golden ticket” when it comes to creating relationships and make that a daily part of your marketing.
One of the greatest gifts is the gift of friendship. AND, as smart women, we need to surround ourselves with other smart women.
In fact, I’m so convinced that this is vital to the success of ALL women, that I want to make sure you’re at my MOXIE Retreat in February. I promise this is not a boring business event and in the spirit of celebrating, I want to share a little more about what you can expect (then we’ll get to your birthday BONUS).
- You’ll get proven strategies and ideas to build your business, streamline your systems and strengthen your business friendships (some of the best friends I’ve made have been from attending business events like this)
- We’ll laugh and play (because if you don’t love what you do, maybe you shouldn’t be doing it…)
- We’ll celebrate the birthday of my business at the 10 Year Smart Women Smart Solutions Birthday Soiree (this means we’ll dance and celebrate in style)
When everything feels urgent, everything seems equal. Nothing could be further from the truth. Being “busy” doesn’t necessarily move you closer to reaching your goals. Successful business owners understand you have to work from a clear sense of priority.
The long to-do list can actually lead you away from your goal – not closer to it. Instead of a to-do list for 2015, I invite you to start thinking about a success list. A success list is one that purposefully and mindfully has action items and tasks that are created around ONE big goal you envision for the year. Your success list should be short and sweet with items that take you closer to your goal.
As I review all the success I’ve had in my last 20+ years in business, the common theme that runs through the BIG goals I’ve achieved is a narrow focus and concentration on ONE idea. Let me give you an example. When I started my coaching business 10 years ago, I had a single focus to work with two groups of women in my Women’s Success Circles and take them through my signature system on transition.
My MOXIE Retreat is going to illuminate a time-tested, proven, clear path for your business to reach the next level of success. I’m going to shine a light on EXACTLY how you can create a successful, freedom based business without burning out.
When you know EXACTLY what to do, You…
*SAVE time – when you have the RIGHT focus in your business, you actually free up more time to spend with family or do things you enjoy.
*Make MORE money – when you have the RIGHT focus in your business, your income grows – Faster.
At a recent retreat with the members of my Smart Women SOAR Elite program, they had a chance to “rate” different aspects of their business on a scale of 1-10 with one being “Nope, never heard of it” and a ten being “Nailed it.” Together, we focused on the areas that are essential to wildly thriving business success. As one member commented, “It’s like keeping a scorecard on your business.” The key to long lasting business growth is to evaluate periodically what’s working, what’s not working and course correct so that you can continue to gain momentum and accomplish those bigger goals.
Here are five areas to assess in your business now so that 2015 can be the year you soar to a new level of success:
- Your Vision and Mission – Is your vision and mission on track for the New Year? You can get off track in your business if you’re vision isn’t laser focused. I refer to this sometimes as “BSOS” or “bright shiny object syndrome.” When new opportunities present themselves, the key is to ask yourself if the new opportunity or new idea relates back to your WHY. Will this opportunity get you closer to your goal? Avoid spinning your wheels on things that don’t get results and opt for a solid plan of action.
After I released my first book, “What’s Next?: The 7 Steps to Discover Your Big Idea and Create a Wildly Successful Business” in the fall of 2013, I was overcome with a feeling of emptiness. I was living in my body but there should have been a sign around my neck that said “unoccupied.” I had given so much of my creative energy to the writing process for the book. Oddly enough, I was beginning to feel the “What’s Next?” question floating around inside my own head.
Here’s what I know for sure: I LOVE my business and my clients – Period. I sometimes feel like I’m in a dream and someone is going to wake me up and tell me it’s all over, get dressed and report to my cubicle by 9am.
But…something was stirring inside of me…
I knew change was on the horizon. I just didn’t know what it was.
I took the same advice I give to all the fabulous women entrepreneurs and business owners I work with: “Don’t rush the process. Allow the idea to unfold organically in it’s own time.” Intuitively, I knew that if I rushed this evolution, I would waste valuable time, energy and effort and wind up in the wrong direction.