If you’ve been following me for awhile, you know that one of my top business building tools is creating relationships and connections with your ideal client and potential referral sources. Follow-up is the binding agent or the glue that strengthens the bond you have with these people. The good news is with today’s technology, there are low-cost to no-cost ways to keep the communication and visibility flowing easily.
Here are my five smart solutions for follow-up that get you the results you want:
1. Ezine – If you are reading this article, you know this form of communication works. Some may wonder if ezine’s have lost their luster with all the email in everyone’s in-box. The answer is no. Sending out an ezine regularly will keep you and your expertise at the forefront of people’s minds. Remember to share good content that highlights your area of expertise, helpful hints, client success stories and of course, your upcoming programs and services.
2. Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, Google+ and Pinterest are fast, no-cost, easy ways to connect with potential clients and referral sources. It gives people an opportunity to learn more about you, your business and the service or product you provide. Make sure to offer valuable comments that your ideal client will enjoy and include some insight into who you are as a person. You don’t need to share everything about your life but give them a bird’s eye view into your ideas and values.
3. Telephone – I know it sounds crazy but telephone calls still work – even in 2013! People love to hear the sound of your voice and it gives you an opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise in a personal way. It’s still a wonderful way to connect.
4. Direct Mail – Showing up in someone’s mailbox can be a nice surprise for clients and referral sources. You can send a letter on tasteful stationery that reflects your company brand or logo. Postcards are another great way to follow-up. They are inexpensive to send and work well for promoting your event that’s coming up in the area.
5. Birthday Greetings – Everyone likes to be remembered on their birthday. It shows you care and took the time to acknowledge their special day. You can do this through an online greeting card or snail mail. For your VIP clients, I recommend a physical gift or gift card that’s beautifully wrapped.
Consistent and proactive follow-up is key to turning potential clients and referral sources into raving fans. Make these smart solutions part of your marketing plan and I guarantee you’ll see an increase in cash flow and ideal clients.
Anything is possible. Everything is waiting for you.
© 2013 Joy Chudacoff
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Joy Chudacoff, ICF, PCC, is the founder of Smart Women Smart Solutions®, a Professional Certified Coach to 1000’s of women, Motivational Speaker, and Entrepreneur. She publishes a weekly buzz generating ezine, Reflections On Life and Business for Women Entrepreneurs. If you’re ready take your life and your business to the next level, get your FREE Tips, 2 FREE Reports and FREE MP3 now at Creating The Spark.