Home building is long known for being a very male-dominated industry, but my guest today, Sheryl Palmer is the only female CEO in the Top 20 home builders rated by Glassdoor.
Sheryl is the chairman and CEO of Taylor Morrison, a leading national home builder and developer based in Scottsdale, Arizona. With more than 30 years of building experience, she has led Taylor Morrison into the top ranks of America’s largest public home builders. Under Sheryl’s leadership, Taylor Morrison recently became the first home builder to appoint a majority female board of directors.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
It is hard to be your best when you’re pretending or trying to be somebody different.” – Sheryl Palmer
- WHY it’s critical to hone your unique leadership style for business success
- Her BEST Action Steps on how to succeed as a woman in a male-dominated industry
- Sheryl’s “shoe-off” style of leadership and why it works so well for her
- Why the customer ‘experience’ is essential in business today
- How to create the best customer experience – it’s about “aligning” everything
- What Sheryl does with her one “selfish hour” each day and how it makes her more productive
- The #1 thing that holds many women back
- What she always relies on when it’s decision-making time
- Her A-List
- Her Superpower
- The Choice She Makes Every Day and how it helps her in business
As a leader, it really is OK to be humble and vulnerable if that is who you are.” – Sheryl Palmer
Connect with Sheryl Palmer:
I’ve never been the smartest person in the room, but I’m the most passionate, hardworking, and I have the ability to bring out good stuff in great team members.” – Sheryl Palmer