Here are my top nine timely tips for women entrepreneurs who are ready to catapult their business to new heights in 2015:
1. Make Decisions – Set a goal to become a quick decision maker. Remember, money likes speed so your ability to make quick decisions will serve you well in business. Do your research, decide and course-correct along the way.
2. Exercise Empathy – If you have a dream of making a difference in the world or desire a leadership role, empathy is a valuable tool you’ll need along the way. As the great leader Stephan Covey said, “Seek first to understand.” Understanding and acknowledging someone else’s situation is the foundation to change.
3. Say NO more often – Determine what beliefs or principles you stand for in your life and business and stick to them. Say NO to what feels “ok” and create the space for the glorious YES! You can’t be available 24/7 for your family and clients and remain effective in helping people achieve the result you deliver.
4. Nurture Relationships – Creating solid connections with people you care about both personally and professionally is key to making a life worth living. I count my success by the friendships I’ve made along the way in life. Remember to be there for others when they need you because one day, you’ll need them too.
5. Practice Solitude – In our wired world, if you aren’t careful, you can be “on” all the time. Technology has certainly made our lives a lot easier but it’s essential that you not allow these time-saving tools to control your life. Spending time alone is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Start small by taking a long walk alone (cell phone off) or set your alarm to wake up for some quiet time before the busyness of your day takes over. I highly recommend taking an overnight trip alone to a favorite spa or hotel at least once a year.
6. Get 8 Hours of Sleep – This one tip will be a game-changer if you really commit to it. I go to bed nearly every night at the same time (no matter how long my to-do list is). I truly believe this is what gives me the high energy I have each day for my business and family. Set a goal to head to bed at a reasonable hour and grab the extra sleep you need for success.
7. Commit to Your Big Vision – Make a decision (there’s that word again!) to accomplish your BIG unique vision in 2015. Grab some quiet time and create a plan to make it happen. This is truly the only way to make it a reality. Get an accountability partner, coach or consultant to help you accelerate the plan and course-correct along the way.
8. Commit to Your Feminine Energy – In my book, “What’s Next?: The 7 Steps to Discover Your Big Idea and Create a Wildly Successful Business,” I take a deep dive into this topic. Stop living your life in the shadow of someone else and let your light shine.
9. Challenge Yourself – Get out of your comfort zone. Do something that scares you. For example, ride a roller coaster if you’re afraid of heights, take the stage and give a speech if you’d like to do more public speaking. If you make this a habit, you’ll begin to see yourself doing things that you never dreamed possible. It’s a mindset that you develop but it starts with doing that one thing that you know in your heart and mind that you need to do (and secretly want to do). Remember, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. : -)
If you implement just one of these nine game-changing tips over the next 30 days, I can guarantee you positive change will begin to show up in your life. 2015 is going to be a banner year for women entrepreneurs who are armed and ready to accept the challenge. I’m ready. Are you?
Anything is possible. Everything is waiting for you.